- Nearly 60 Years of Industry Experience
- One-on-One Video Conference Support
- Help Filing Returns as Far Back as 1992
- Various Refund Disbursement Options
- Costs Range from $0.00 to $42.46
H&R Block Tax Software Review
When it comes to tax preparation, H&R Block has been a trusted and revered name for a very long time. With nearly 60 years of experience under their belt, it’s not difficult to imagine a scenario where their service has helped multiple generations of the same family. While the company may seem traditional, it does an excellent job of integrating their tax preparation expertise into the tech-savvy 21st century.
- Get H&R Block
- Sensible Shortcuts & Various Filing Methods
- Automatic Checking of Documents for Errors
- Live Online Experts, Ready to Assist You
- In-Depth, Comprehensive Support Available
- Options to Choose From, Free to $49.99
TurboTax is a product that has become synonymous with online tax software and self tax preparation. TurboTax has achieved such notoriety because its services and products, always improving, have been designed to be more intuitive and customizable each year since it came on the scene in the mid-1980s. This year’s version offers a wide variety of sensible shortcuts that any filer can use to make preparing and filing easy.
- Get TurboTax
- Free e-Filing for Active Duty Military
- Easy to Use and Understand Program
- Expert Guidance Available if Needed
- Import Vital Data from Previous Years
- Costs Range From $0.00 to $32.95
Since coming into existence in 1998, TaxSlayer has continued to show some serious staying power by offering cost-effective state e-Filing and simple, easy to understand tax preparation software, making navigating the tax filing process simpler and easier. They are also positioned to be the unofficial tax preparation service of the military, as they offer their services free of charge for the country’s active defenders.
- Get TaxSlayer
- Easily Import Existing Tax Information
- Tax Support Via Facebook and Twitter
- Access to a Comprehensive News Blog
- Guidance Through Interview Process
- Costs Range From $0.00 to $49.95
eSmart Tax Review
You may not be as familiar with eSmart Tax like you are with other online filing services, but you are undoubtedly familiar with their parent company, Liberty Tax, which is the massive company known for their Statue of Liberty sign-spinners that pop up on street corners between January and April. The company’s know how when it comes to state and federal taxes and its knowledge of tax law is evident, through their great service.
- Get eSmart Tax
- Filing of Prior-Year Federal & State Returns
- Simplified Breakdown of Multi-State Filings
- Import Vital Stats From Prior Tax Years
- TaxTutor Guidance Provides Helpful Tips
- Costs Range From $0.00 to $28.99
TaxACT has built a sterling reputation on making the daunting act of tax filing simpler. This is especially the case when it comes to the intimidating world of state taxes. Their competitive price may make them an attractive option for filers that may be looking to save some money and even if you've never used TaxACT before, you can figure out its whistles and bells quickly. TaxACT has several options designed to fit your needs.
- Get TaxAct